2013 SHORT STORGY COMPETITION
We are pleased to announce the first ever annual Short STORGY Competition.
The first Short Story Competition where readers choose the winning short story.
The period for submissions will open on 1st October 2013.
1st Prize £250
Two runner up prizes of the latest copy of THE WRITER’S & ARTISTS YEARBOOK
No entry fee
- Submissions for the 2013 STORGY Short Story Competition will be accepted from 1st October 2013
- The deadline for receipt of entries is 11.00pm November 30th 2013
HOW TO ENTER
Applicants are encouraged to submit online to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible before the deadline.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENTERING BY EMAIL
1) Read the Entry Terms and Conditions and submission is taken as an acceptance of all Terms and Conditions.
2) Type and Format the short story as per the following instructions:
- One entry per author
- Written in English
- A maximum of 5,000 words
- Font: any font, 12pt, black
- Double spaced
- Include a front page which details the title of the story and word count
3) Save as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) with the author name and story title in the file.
4) Attach the file to an email with the subject line ‘2013 STORGY Short Story Competition’.
5) Send submissions for the 2013 STORGY Short Story Competition to email@example.com
- Entries not submitted in accordance with the Entry Instructions and Entry terms and Conditions will not be eligible for consideration
ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) All entries will be read by at least two (2) STORGY contributors and a shortlist of ten (10) exceptional short stories will be put forward to STORGY readers from which a winning story and three (3) runner up stories will be selected.
2) The winning award is worth £250.
1) The Award is open to all.
2) The story must not contain more than 5,000 words.
3) The entry must be submitted by the author or his/her representative.
4) Only one entry per author permitted.
5) Authors can only enter individually and not as part of a writing team.
6) The story entered must be unpublished.
7) The story submitted must be original, fictional, and entirely the author’s own work.
8) Entries are limited to stories written in English.
1) By submitting a story for the award the entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the winning or any other shortlisted story will be made available on the STORGY website free of any fees or royalty payments.
The STORGY Short Story Award will be looking for the best new writing and will consider all entries on the basis of quality and originality of prose and narrative voice. The Award aims to support excellence in the short story genre.
Judging of the Award will be as follows:
1) All entries will be read by STORGY contributors against the Award criterion and a longlist of ten (10) short stories will be put forward to ALL STORGY READERS for judging.
2) Shortlisted and winning writers will be contacted personally by email.
3) The voting outcome is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
We look forward to reading your Short Stories and wish you the best of luck for the first ever STORGY Short Story Competition.